Monday 3 February 2014

I'm learning everyday!

Area: Virginia Beach, VA
Companion: Sister Szabo
December 30, 2013


I'm learning so much everyday. I can't believe that this is only my second week, I feel like I've been here for a lifetime, because the lessons I'm learning day to day have been amazing! I have learned so much, not just from daily study and Sister Szabo, but I learn so much every time I talk to another missionary or someone in the ward. This week, because of Christmas, we focused a lot on showing the members and investigators our love. We popped into see people whenever we had time and did a few other things to show our love for those in our area. I'm so very glad that I was able to experience such an amazing Christmas for my first on on my mission. I love the Kempsville ward and area. Not only have the Elders and Sisters in my district and Zone welcomed me with open arms but the members and investigators have showed me so much love even though I have only met them maybe once. I look forward to each day and the people who i will not only influence their lives but they will influence mine as well.

Love Sister Cahoon

The rest of Christmas was awesome we made dinner and dessert and then just played games and sang songs until 9:30 and then we had to head home. I think that's so cool that you'll soon be able to play ball with all The Boys soon! I miss playing so bad! I haven't played at all since I've been gone. there's been no one to play with and I cant play with the Elders (which has been super hard!!) I had a really hard time with Homesickness all weekend. I'm not sure what triggered it but its been really hard to focus some days because every time I had a moment to myself I was wondering which game you were watching and who was there this year. I thought Christmas was going to be hard but it seems that after has been harder for me. Love you lots and lots!!
Sister Cahoon
 
District Christmas Party

fun times were had by all!

(thanks to Elder Snow for some of the pics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment